What is the best omega 3 supplement brand? This question has been asked by many people around the world today because of the rising interest in omega 3 supplements. Make no mistake about it; omega 3 fatty acids are a very powerful antioxidant that helps in the prevention of many degenerative diseases today, that is the reason why many people are interested in buying supplements with omega 3 in them.
Here are some characteristics that you must look for in an omega 3 supplement brand:
1. Purity – some brands of omega 3 supplements have high concentration of lead and mercury in them. These are the brands that you must never buy because of the health risk that you can get from taking it. Make sure that you have checked the label of the brand that you are buying.
2. Freshness – no one wants to buy old and expired supplements, but there are businessmen that take advantage of the needs of the people and sell them expired products. To know if the capsule that you are taking is not expired; you should not burp after taking the capsule supplement.
3. DHA content – DHA is the most beneficial among the fatty acids. Read the label and make sure to note the DHA content of the supplement per capsule. The best omega 3 supplement brand contains about 280mg of DHA. Make it a habit to always check the label of whatever you are buying.
4. Molecularly distilled – this is the process where the product is being filtered and freed from harmful toxins, and other substances that can cause serious health problems. If the label of the supplements does not indicate that it has undergone molecular distillation, then it is advisable to check other brands.
5. Backed by scientific research – some brands have scientific proofs that their product is the best, you must be aware of these researches. The internet is a good tool to know if the brand that you will buy has some clinical and scientific research to back it up.
6. No side effects – if you take a supplement and suddenly feels the need to pass gas or burp, then it is possible that what you have taken is not the best omega 3 supplement brand. If you feel any discomfort after taking a supplement, it is better to consult a doctor right away.
7. Certificates – some brands have certificate of analysis that is posted in their official website to inform the people that their product passed some thorough analysis. This is what you must look for in a supplement brand. But be sure that the certificates they are presenting are legitimate, you can call some government agencies to confirm the authenticity of the certificates.
8. Feedbacks – although this is not 100% foolproof, relying on the feedbacks of other person that have already used or is still using the product can help you decide which the best omega 3 supplement brand is. Nowadays, you can easily access some customer feedbacks in the internet, be always on the alert because not all that you read in their website is true, unleash the inner Sherlock Holmes in you and investigate the people that give their feedbacks in a particular brand.
Armed with this information, you can now discern whether a brand is the best omega 3 supplement brand or not. Make sure to consult a doctor first before taking any supplements and medications.